Kia ora koutou, here is our Alert Level 2 status:
Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC)
Our FNA service has resumed and we are taking bookings as usual with 30 minute slots rather than the usual 15 minutes to prevent cross over of patients.
- Patients will be screened and support people are unfortunately not permitted in to the consultation rooms.
- Patients are required to scan in, wear a mask and hand sanitise before entry to the FNA area. Urgent cases will be prioritised.
- It is likely therefore that there will be a longer wait time for appointments while we are in Alert Level 3.
Laboratory Test Requests
COVID-19 testing volumes have now decreased such that our laboratory service is no longer redirecting resources. We are no longer asking you to restrict testing.
Thank you for helping ease the load on the service over the past week, it was much appreciated.
Community Collection Centres
All collection centres are open again, with exception of Mornington in Dunedin, which remains closed.
To enter our collection centres we need you to:
- Mask Up: In our collection centres, masks are mandatory. Please request one from staff if you don’t have your own.
- Sign In: Scan in using the NZ COVID Tracer App or sign in with our manual register
- Sanitise: We ask that you sanitise your hands on entry and when you leave
- Social Distance: At level 2 – the number of seats indicates the capacity in our waiting room. If all seats are taken, please remain outside. One in – one out. We also ask that you look after the people around you who may need a seat more than you.
There may be a line when you arrive so dress warm or bring an umbrella or raincoat.
Please follow all Ministry of Health guidelines regarding COVID Alert level 2 safety.
How to Make a Laboratory Request after a Remote Consult
Electronic ordering is the preferred way to request laboratory tests after a remote consult. To set up eOrders for your practice contact email@example.com. By using eOrders your patient can present at any SCL or Medlab South collection centre and the form will be available in our system immediately.
Home Visit Collection Services
The home visit service is intended to provide testing for patients who are unable to come into a collection centre and where testing is clinically urgent.
To request a new home visit, please use the tick option on the eOrders electronic request form. Further information regarding Home Visits can be found here:https://sclabs.co.nz/referrers/home-visit-services/ for SCL and here: Home Visit Service – Medlab South for Medlab South.
Our courier service is running to the usual timetable. If you have any questions regarding the courier service or if your medical centre is closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for SCL or Nelson.Reception@medlabsouth.co.nz for Nelson and email@example.com for Marlborough.
If you have any questions please contact us via our websites:
- SCL Contact us – Southern Community Laboratories (sclabs.co.nz)
- MEDLAB South Nelson Marlborough https://www.medlabsouth.co.nz/contact-us/
Drs Vivian Black, James Ussher, Aaron Keene, Juliet Elvy
Southern and Canterbury SCL and MEDLAB South
SCL Southern and MEDLAB South Nelson Marlborough