Southern Community Laboratories began as small private pathology service in the South Island city of Dunedin in the 1960s. Since then our operations have progressively expanded to become part of New Zealand’s largest network of diagnostic laboratories, providing medical services all over New Zealand.
Our laboratories offer a wide range of diagnostic tests in biochemistry, haematology, microbiology, immunology, molecular pathology, histology and cytology. They are equipped with the newest analysers and state-of-the-art computer systems. Most of our routine patient test results are reported back to the requesting doctors within 24 hours of specimen collection.
Emphasis at Southern Community Laboratories is always placed on provision of top quality laboratory services for Health Professionals and their Patients. We are proud to have branches in smaller provincial towns as well as larger cities.
Please note that the information on this website is relevant to Otago and Southland only including the following regions: Dunedin, Balclutha, Dunstan, Gore, Invercargill, Oamaru and Queenstown.
If you are looking for information regarding other regions please visit our sister sites using the relevant links below:
- For Christchurch, Kaiapoi, Rangiora and Ashburton – www.canterburyscl.co.nz
- For Hawkes Bay – www.hawkesbayscl.co.nz
- For Nelson, Marlborough, Timaru and Temuka – www.medlabsouth.co.nz
- For Wellington, Wairarapa, Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt, Porirua and Kapiti Coast – www.wellingtonscl.co.nz
- For Auckland – www.labtests.co.nz
- For Northland – www.norpath.co.nz
- For Taranaki – www.taranakipath.co.nz
We are committed to the future of pathology in New Zealand through excellence in technical, clinical, and service innovations.
As a member of APHG (Asia Pacific Health Group), we operate under the following STAR values:
- We strive to provide the highest standard of health care
- We look for new opportunities/ways to improve our care and service
- We seek to understand and exceed expectations
Teamwork and Integrity
- Our workmates know they can rely on the team
- We are open and honest in all our communications with each other
- We embrace constructive feedback and recognise achievements
- We earn each others’ respect and receive it in return
- We look to the future, always ensuring that we have stable platforms from which to build
- Continuous learning and creativity are integral to our jobs and the success of our company
- We are proactive and innovative in response to new and emerging industry and community opportunities and needs
- We are accountable to our colleagues, our clients and stakeholders, our company and our shareholders
- Our decisions are made with a balanced focus on financial security and service excellence
- Services are delivered in a way that incorporates the principles of Treaty of Waitangi and acknowledges cultural diversity